Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cancer


When I come, it comes Summer in the north and Winter in the south. Right nine months before Aries, symbol of birth.

I am the mother. The principle of generation and conservation. I am everything that is inside, that nests and protects. Womb, cave, the homeland. I am your refuge and your home. Mother Earth. The essence of the feminine, the ying, the anima, the passive side of every human being. I am your roots, your past, your nest, the place where you turns back to when you need comfort and feel like a child again.

Mysterious, as every water sign. Who dares to find out what is hidden below my surface? But my water is gentle, my water nurtures, fertilizes. It eases your thirst. However, it can be dangerous sometimes. Be careful or I can drag you when my arms assume the shape of rapids or waterfalls.

I am the Moon, I am the Woman. The High Priestess. My breasts overflow with milk and remembrances. With open arms to receive you, here for you when your soul is troubled and your heart is hungry. You don’t need to tell me anything; I just know. And I’ll take care of you when the rest of the world becomes hostile and dry. I will even fight for you if necessary, for I am strong and hard outside. However, I expect from you the same consideration, the same love. Are you ready?

I see the world through silver lenses, I can make it a more beautiful place with my imagination. I go up high to catch stars above and know their secrets, to hear the whispers of my sister Moon. To write words of wonder with my silvered fingers. But sometimes I fall… So deep, so painfully deep I couldn’t even remember my dreams. How could I understand the mystery of being so strong and the same time so crystal fragile? Sometimes, a blow can shatter my heart in a thousand pieces. And I’ll remember them forever. Each one of them. Every piece of myself that I put together, again and again.

I am inside you, with my rainy eyes and hair covered in water lilies. I am that part of yourself that wants to care and nurture, when you scream with emotions and instincts. I am where you feel at home and protected, and where you want to protect. Where you take your nourishment from and feel safe. I am where your soul is – nothing less.

Image: Mother and Child, Gustav Klimt

No comments: